Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been riding my 650r all season without any issues but all of a sudden after a good 20 min of hard riding, as soon as i let off the throttle the bike started to engine break a lot harder than usual. I knew something was wrong so i got off the highway and i had maybe 25% of the power when i twisted the throttle. Gears felt very sluggish and heavy (sounded like bike wanted to stall when clutch was engaged). Also when i leave bike in any gear and just let it roll, it doesn’t keep the tires going, i lose speed and momentum and engine starts to shudder. When i got home i changed i found a clogged pcv valve and an oil leak. Cleaned my pcv and oil leak but bike felt the same. So i bought new spark plugs and a new air filter, still nothing. What do you guys think it could be? i’m stumped

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
124 Posts
Hey guys, been riding my 650r all season without any issues but all of a sudden after a good 20 min of hard riding, as soon as i let off the throttle the bike started to engine break a lot harder than usual. I knew something was wrong so i got off the highway and i had maybe 25% of the power when i twisted the throttle. Gears felt very sluggish and heavy (sounded like bike wanted to stall when clutch was engaged). Also when i leave bike in any gear and just let it roll, it doesn’t keep the tires going, i lose speed and momentum and engine starts to shudder. When i got home i changed i found a clogged pcv valve and an oil leak. Cleaned my pcv and oil leak but bike felt the same. So i bought new spark plugs and a new air filter, still nothing. What do you guys think it could be? i’m stumped
You sure your brakes aren't seizing? Sounds like that to me, either way the things you fixed would have nothing to do with such an issue, only other thing i can thing of is some sort of hard vacuum problem in the intake, maybe clogged throttle bodies, but it'd have to be an extreme case. Or just some fatal piston issue

1 - 2 of 2 Posts