Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update 10/5/08: All 2009 pricing updated!! All I can say is Yamaha has balls to raise their prices like that for just an ECU upgrade.

$10,000 and moving higher and higher.

The $10K Big Four 600CC playground has finally reared it's ugly head ladies and gentleman. The new Kawasaki is tied in pricing by Honda and Suzuki!

Please let me know if any pricing is wrong.

'08 ZX-6R = $9,099; Special Edition $9,399
'09 ZX-6R = New Redesign > $9,799; Monster Edition $9,999

'08 R6 = New Redesign > $9,599; Yellow $9,799
'09 R6 = ECU Upgrade, no other changes > Black $9,990; Blue $10,090; Orange $10,190; White $10,190

'08 GSX-R600 = New Redesign > $9,399
'09 GSX-R600 = New colors > $9,799

'08 CBR600RR = $9,599
'09 CBR600RR = New Redesign > $9,799
'09 CBR600RR w/ ABS =
New Redesign > $10,799

·
Registered
138 Posts
holy fugg expensive!

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Expensive or not, that orange and black R6 makes my pee pee hard. :evil6:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
i can't believe this crying, we're still lucky to be paying one of the lowest prices for bikes and cars in this world.

have you checked how much a
2008 ZX-6R is in UK?
7,000 pounds aka 12,470 USD

2008 ZX-6R is in Canada?
12,100 can $ aka 11,300 USD

so before you start crying about high prices look at other places first too
not to mention some people cry about $400 increase in MSRP, wtf is that 4% of the total cost ooooh please ...
ok rant over

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i can't believe this crying, we're still lucky to be paying one of the lowest prices for bikes and cars in this world.

2008 ZX-6R is in UK?

2008 ZX-6R is in Canada?

not to mention some people cry about $400 increase in MSRP, wtf is that 4% of the total cost ooooh please ...
ok rant over
People kills me with these price comparisons across countries. You can not do that. At its basic premise, priced is determined by what the market will bear. In our country, Moto is not a primary transportation vehicle it still remains recreational. There are so many additional factors that go into pricing that it's only fair to compare a good against its historical price in its own market...not across other markets (i.e. Countries).

All goods do not come with one price and then that price is adjusted based on how it translates to currency. LOL. Come on. In the most simplistic comparison, this is why BMW and Mercedes are taxi's in Germany and Limo's in America. Identical vehicle, Same functionality (to drive) but the factors of pricing cause two different markets to set a two different prices.

By that measure, a telling price increase is to look at is Yamaha right now that is producing an identical motorcycle 1 year later..but increasing that price between 4.07% - 6.2% based on color.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
People kills me with these price comparisons across countries. You can not do that. At its basic premise, priced is determined by what the market will bear. In our country, Moto is not a primary transportation vehicle it still remains recreational. There are so many additional factors that go into pricing that it's only fair to compare a good against its historical price in its own market...not across other markets (i.e. Countries).

By that measure, a telling price increase is to look at is Yamaha right now that is producing an identical motorcycle 1 year later..but increasing that price between 4.07% - 6.2% based on color.
sure you can compared it, it's the same damn bike
yet people cry about pricing when it's lowest compared to what other countries are paying for the SAME product.

don't give me the recreational theory, because US consumer has a lot more buying power, it really doesn't come into play.

as far as 4% increases, have you checked cost of living lately on a yearly basis? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
97 Posts
+1 kawirooster, you get a rep for that one.

·
Registered
259 Posts
lol, glad someone said it :)

2008 ZX-6R is in UK?

2008 ZX-6R is in Canada?

ok rant over

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
my paid for 05 636 is looking better and better

·
Registered
171 Posts
This is why i'm waiting till next January to pick up a leftover '08 for around $7k. :)

·
Registered
624 Posts

All goods do not come with one price and then that price is adjusted based on how it translates to currency. LOL. Come on. In the most simplistic comparison, this is why BMW and Mercedes are taxi's in Germany and Limo's in America. Identical vehicle, Same functionality (to drive) but the factors of pricing cause two different markets to set a two different prices.

+2
if this 600 prices are going over 10k might as well spend a little more and get a ducati.

+1 to wait next year for a cheap 08. the beginning of this year is saw an 07 at the dealer for 7k out the door. 2.5k less then i paid.

·
Registered
82 Posts
hahaha i like how the 09 spy pics got posted here...

but i agree the fact that companies are raising prices on the same model with no new features save colors is rediculous... but they are doing the smart thing for their companies as more and more ppl in the US market are riding instead of driving with rising gas prices they have seen an increase and sales and that is expected to continue, they're just following basic macro economic theory

as for high prices in other countries... :( that sucks move to the USA :p jk but really that sucks

·
Banned
344 Posts
The dollar is also not worth a damn anymore as well. That must come into play. We are dealing with international conglomerates. These companies don't just make bikes.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm a tightwad, if I wanted a 2009, I would wait until 2010 and get a left over 09 to save a few $. But hey, the more money I save on the purchase will be thrown right into aftermarket parts.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts