Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
weird headlights but i think i really like it - y haven't they intergrated the turn signals into the mirrors yet like everyone else?

that white and red combo is interesting but the blues even sexier

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
I like the blue a nd yellow one. Pics of the 6, same styles?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not really a fan of that. I love the white and red color scheme though.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
oh god...they destroyed the R1!!!! What have they done?! Looks like the 06 zx10rs but way worse...no lower fairing and those cans are HUGE! Not too mention the headlights look like someone pulling back their eyes...FAIL Yamaha...FAIL...

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
I kinda like it...looks pissed off!! reminds me a bit if the Buell Firebolt.

Not feeling the 06/07 ZX10 Exhaust shields tho. Overall, looks pretty sick to me. A few mods will make it a looker

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
I'm sure it will grow on me as time goes on. Because that's how I feel about a lot of bikes...

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
This otta be interesting

Introducing the 2009 YZF-R1, the first ever production motorcycle with a crossplane crankshaft. Crossplane technology, first pioneered in MotoGP racing with the M1, puts each connecting rod 90° from the next, with an uneven firing interval of 270°- 180°- 90°- 180°. This all but eliminates undesirable inertial crankshaft torque, which allows the engine’s compression torque to build smoothly and provide a very linear power delivery out of the corners. It’s a feeling that’s simply unmatched, like having two engines in one: the low-rpm torquey feel of a twin with the raw, high-rpm power of an inline 4.
:dunno:

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
I don't get how this works. Any mechs out there to 'splain?

Suspension includes new SOQI front forks which use one of the tricks developed for our winning MotoGP bikes: independent damping. The left fork handles compression damping and the right side handles the rebound damping

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Isn't this the same thing MotoCzysz uses in their prototype bike?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
i think its way nicer the the zx10.
the headlights look weird but cool at the same time, somewhat alian vs predator look lol

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
it looks like they forgot to put another headlight in the housings. not a fan

1 - 20 of 147 Posts