Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good to see an area to post about this bike now.. without getting an infraction.

·
Registered
82 Posts
so i didnt wanna pollute the picture thread... but has anyone noticed how kawasaki says the 09 has lost all this weight yet the curb weight is still 421.2 pounds? and last i remember the 07-08 curb weight was like 405ish pounds... correct me if im wrong but sounds like kawi threw on SOME parts that were lighter in weight so they could say the cut out some fat only to weigh in heavier than before

·
Registered
646 Posts
I was wondering about the weight too....one year it said dry weight and the next it said curb weight...I knew something was up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
aghh ha thanks for that... i was starting to think kawi was trying to trick us into thinking the 09 was lighter. but the kawi site says 368.2 dry weight on the 07-08 so i thought 405 curb/dry whatever sounded reasonable, but how the hell does it go from 368.2 dry to 444 curb thats almost a 70 pound difference?

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
aghh ha thanks for that... i was starting to think kawi was trying to trick us into thinking the 09 was lighter. but the kawi site says 368.2 dry weight on the 07-08 so i thought 405 curb/dry whatever sounded reasonable, but how the hell does it go from 368.2 dry to 444 curb thats almost a 70 pound difference?
Battery, oil, gas, etc, etc. (it adds up fast!)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've riden the 09 many times already. The BPF forks are the best production forks I've ever riden on, it's substantially faster than the 07/08 and it actually has lost nearly 23 pounds. The handling is amazing, much improved from the 07/08. Not only does it rail around the race track but it is also a much better street bike.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
my 07-08 race bike was weighed at 400 fully fueled, so im hopin that the 09-10 will weigh 380, that would be sweet!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts