Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard from someone that was at the MotoGP over the weekend that the Kawasaki rep there informed him that there would be no 2009 ZZR 600. Does any one else know about this.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
What I want is a ZZr 750 triple, kinda like the Triumph but a little more comfy, with about the same peak hp as the 636, but the low/midrange of a liter.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
yah, no 09 zzr is what the dealer said.
Note the operative word "dealer". A dealer said there would be no 2009 Ninja 500 either, two weeks after the 2009 Ninja 500 was posted on the Kawasaki website. I ain't believin' shit until Kawasaki says so.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Note the operative word "dealer". A dealer said there would be no 2009 Ninja 500 either, two weeks after the 2009 Ninja 500 was posted on the Kawasaki website. I ain't believin' shit until Kawasaki says so.
:plusone: as long an the 500 lives i will not believe any rumors, the 500 is an anomaly in its own right.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i heard something about doing away with carbs in 09. So rather then fuel inject it, and have another fuel injected 600 (super) sport bike.. makes sesne to do away with it.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
It is gone. So too is the 650 I think. There is a ER-6N. Check the website.
650R is still there, it's been redesigned and I find it to be pretty sexy. I do enjoy the ER-6N as well. I've just been a fan of the 650 twin since becoming a Versys owner. It's a great motor.

It's sad to see the J series bike go away though. There's a special place in my heart for them still.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts