Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys are setting your suspension at. I am 5'11 and pushin' 213lbs.

So far I have left it at the stock settings, but the rear is pretty stiff and I would like to be able to turn a little better. I rode my buddies R6 the other day and was able to carve up the corners more on his bike than mine. I'd like for it to handle a bit more like that.:D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Do small tweaks, test, then repeat.

I go 220 pounds right now and I've stepped UP the stock front compression and rebound a little, and backed off the back end both stock compression and rebound settings a bit. First thing I did though was set the preload to the proper sag (you might want a buddy to give you a hand doing this properly)...

Here's a good article from the sportrider website for going through the nitty gritty of suspension tuning, with some troubleshooting, some tech tips, and some recommended starting points... nobody else can tell you how to best set up your bike for YOU and the kind of riding you do, so get busy brother! Good luck...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm 185 cm / 100+ kg with my kit on.

My suspension settings are based on Performance Bikes settings, I've tweaked them a bit in order to get rid of front shaking under hard braking:

REAR SHOCK

Preload - 14 mm of thread showing above top locking ring
Rebound - 6 turns out from fully in
Compression - 4 turns out from fully in

FORKS

Preload - 4 lines showing
Rebound - 1 1/4 out from fully in
Compression - 4 out from fully in

Ride height FRONT - I've lowered the yokes 6 mm because I have 120/70 front tyre instead of standard 120/65.

Ride height REAR - stock

So far I've been very happy with these settings and tyres wear very nicely despite frequent track abuse. Of course your mileage may vary...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies. I'll report back once I get a chance to tune the suspension. Haven't been able to ride much cause of the rain.[V]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.