Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great build so far. I have a 2009 version and the more I view your thread, the more I want to tinker with the bike.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Great build so far. I have a 2009 version and the more I view your thread, the more I want to tinker with the bike.
Im glad you like it. It was a thing that sat on my mind for many years and only seemed to be resolved when i started working on it. I can fix it for you (and others) though by saying i could have easily bought a better bike off the shelf for much less than i spent here. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wrestled with the same thought before realizing I was never getting rid of this bike, just adding to the stable if anything. So, I started creating the bike I want and will most likely never get rid of. Great platform for either the novice or expert mechanic.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I wrestled with the same thought before realizing I was never getting rid of this bike, just adding to the stable if anything. So, I started creating the bike I want and will most likely never get rid of. Great platform for either the novice or expert mechanic.
Exactly. This thing is part of my history. Even my better half says I should never sell it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Thought I’d update
List of modifications
Suspension
2004/5 Zx10r forks,
2008 Top and bottom fork clamps
2015 Versys 650 swing arm
2012 Yamaha R1 rear shock(custom spring and valving)
Matris steering damper

Wheels
Front standard
Rear Custom 6 inch rear wheel with 180 section rear tyre

Engine
Two Brothers exhaust
Pair valve mod
MAP sensor mod

Brakes

Front
2016 z1000ABS callipers
5mm spacers
330mm Brembo discs
2017 z1000r Master cylinder

Rear
2015 Versys 650 ABS 250mm rear disc
2015 Versys 650 ABS rear caliper and bracket

Ergonomics
RSV racing rearsets
Billet clip on handlebars

Bling
Billet front sprocket cover
Billet fork preload adjusters
Billet clutch adjuster
Billet oil caps
MT03 headlight
Custom billet headlight brackets
LED Tail lights
R&G tail tidy
Bar end mirrors
Lever protectors

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The eagle eyed amongst you may have noticed that I alternated a couple of times between a z1000sx (ninja 1000 2012) and the z1000r 2017 front master cylinder. One of them has the black rizoma integrated reservoir and the other is the traditional white pee cup :)

The reason is i cant seem to get the 1000r master cylinder to bleed properly. Decided to get a rebuild kit from Kawasaki. I can find the equivalent part elsewhere aftermarket but for the small difference in price id prefer the peace of mind.

Master cylinder here

Piston kit here

21 - 29 of 29 Posts