Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

2010 model dealer quote

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  kawiman1 
#1 ·
Dealer told me 10,164 OTD on 2010 zx6r. That seems high, right? Bike tagged for 8,999 plus tags&reg and freight which brought it to that 10k. I though I could get it for 9k OTD is that wishful thinking?

#2 ·
Surely they could do better.....it's last year's model. I bought my '09 when it was new in '09 for $7500 OTD.

#4 ·
I believe there is a $1000 KHI rebate on 2010 models, go to kawaski's website and check. Is the dealer taking this or are you getting it?

Even the 2011 has a lowered MSRP on kawasaki's site-$9,999.

The frieght charge is bs-I never pay that, if they insist walk and get a different dealer. You should be in the 9500ish OTD range I would think

540 plus tax (say 6%)
50 plus liscense and title registration fees
-----
9,579.00...........so they are claiming what? nearly $600 in frieght?

#5 ·
I didn't know about the KHI rebate. I think he even showed me last years price of the bike on the computer (10,599) to try and convince me that they dropped the price low. He says "neither me nor the dealer are making any money off this sale" he said hes make only like 25 bucks.which I found hard to believe. Yeah the freight and preparation charge is 600 I forget how they divided it but it was to assemble and put fluids into it which to me seems too high. I don't know if I had sales tax in there since I'm in Delaware.

Anyhow he has my number and I will see if he calls me come Tues. Much thanks all for the insight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.