Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got home from work, turned bike off and i heard a sizzling sound. im assuming its from the radiator since the sound was coming from the front. id rather fix this myself and not waste money at the shop. i hope just adding water or coolant will fix the problem but i cant find my manual, is there one online? is speedzonedirect legit to download the manual from?

around 3 years ago i had left the bike running idle in the garage for at least 3 hours. i had totally forgot about it. it was sizzling bad. maybe i need to put some water in there.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ok i havent ridden the bike since 2 days ago. just now i started it. after around two minutes running i noticed some heat coming from between the handle bars area and gas tank.

well, i looked at the radiator and there are 3 tubes/bars connected under the radiator, like almost retangular shape, more triangular shape. im thinking maybe they carry water and coolant from and to the radiator? i touched them and burned the hell out of my fingers. this is after two minutes at most. do i need a coolant flush at the shop? help guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts