Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a 2011 250R (White/Red/Black). I am trying to shop around for some aftermarket wheels.

1. Where are some good places to look? I know I can search but I wanted to see if there was anyone who had experiences with certain companies.

What is the max size that you can put on for the rear without it rubbing? Again I know I can search but Id like experiences.

Thanks guys.

· Registered
16 Posts
Sportisi Moto USA Sportisimoto USA has a 4.5" wheel that is a direct bolt on. However I emailed Matt who is their USA guy, and he quoted me like $500 or something shipped. Are you talking about width or diameter? I assume you want a wider tire, you can fit a 150 with little-no problem. Some people have even put a 160. It's all personal preference.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I am looking more for width.

I use to work in a wheel warehouse for Shelby mustangs and I know shipping isnt that much. Even 4 wheels to Switzerland was less than 200.

This is exactly what Im looking to do. Remove all decals for all white. Then gold accents, such as levers and wheels.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/noclue90/5802226892/in/photostream

· Registered
16 Posts
I am looking more for width.

I use to work in a wheel warehouse for Shelby mustangs and I know shipping isnt that much. Even 4 wheels to Switzerland was less than 200.

This is exactly what Im looking to do. Remove all decals for all white. Then gold accents, such as levers and wheels.

2011NinjaWhiteGold | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
It was $570 shipped to me. Thats not just the shipping. Thats also the cost of the wheel.

· Registered
16 Posts
They make the 4.5" wheel, the Ninja comes stock with a 3.5" wheel. No idea what the maximum width tire would be. although I would bet it wouldn't be more than a 160. Imo I can't justify spending that amount just for looks. If you want a wide rear tire, you bought the wrong bike bud, just sayin.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahh got ya on the price. Thanks.

Has anyone ever painted the wheels that came on the bike. That would be easier and cheaper.

I dont plan on getting a really wide tire but when I have to replace it I will go wider.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.