Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 650 last year, knowing it had some problems and have attempted to fix them, but have not been able to. Here is some basic info:

23k Miles
Two Brothers Slip-On Exhaust
Non-Stock size rear Tire

I had 3 codes pop up when I ran the diagnostics, 12, 13 and 64 IIRC. I replaced all those parts, Air Temp sensor, Inlet Air Pressure sensor, and an Air Valve Solenoid. I also ended up replacing the separator as the shop I brought it to broke that, along with reinstalling my hoses incorrectly. (Hoses are correct now)

Here are the symptoms:

-Chugging at about 10-15% deceleration, acceleration and full deceleration do not produce the chugging
-Backfiring
-Dying at stops, after about 20-30 min of riding, and when it dies, the FI light pops on. It will then start back up no problem.

Now, I replaced these parts right before the winter season, and during the days that I could ride, all these symptoms were gone, so I thought the problems were fixed. However, once the ambient temperature rose to about 80 degrees (F) or more, it started up again. Coolant is good, radiator fan is good. I have noticed that it gets a little warm, but friends who also have ninjas say that it is normal for their bikes to feel a little warm after a longish ride too when riding at slower speeds. Oil level is good, circulation is good. I'm at a loss for what it could be, and I don't want to spend several hundred at a shop that may end up actually breaking it (again). Any help is greatly appreciated, and I will answer any questions to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
The codes come up now that you’ve replaced the parts... I assume they’re the same ones ?
Have you checked the Throttle position sensor calibration ?
It could be as simple as an inlet manifold leak but typically it’d affect idle. A water spray bottle should find it if its that.
The PAIR reed valve could also be the culprit, you could dry blocking it off?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts