Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have a 2011 ninja EX250R with no headlights. I replaced the rectifier and relays,bulbs are good. If I take a piece of wire and jump it from gray wire to the red wire the lights come on and I can remove the wire and they stay on till I turn the bike off. When I restart it I have to jump the wires again to get the headlights back on and when I jump the gray and red wire I feel and hear the relay click on and the headlights come on. I have 12v on gray wire none on red and low voltage on yellow red and blue yellow wires see picture. If anyone has any ideas please let me know and yes both low and brights work after jumping relay
CEB9EDC9-EAF2-43D4-957D-46062EA36AB6.jpeg
CEB9EDC9-EAF2-43D4-957D-46062EA36AB6.jpeg

·
Registered
15 Posts
sounds like you have some muck in the ignition switch, low voltage stopping the relay switching
White/grey cable is power to ignition live which feeds the power to rest of the systems on the bike.
If the switch has some muck or corrosion on the contacts this could cause a number of issues low voltage and the such like.
This would be my best guess without a wiring diagram and other info.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Which Relays did you replace ?
Did you replace this one below if not then attached is the test procedure and specs for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which Relays did you replace ?
Did you replace this one below if not then attached is the test procedure and specs for it.

Mine doesn’t look like that or doesn’t have that cover hi replaced the two bigger ones in the rubber boots
B704A2B9-4A3F-4F39-B896-E98DFF68EBCC.jpeg
B704A2B9-4A3F-4F39-B896-E98DFF68EBCC.jpeg
picture below

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like you have some muck in the ignition switch, low voltage stopping the relay switching
White/grey cable is power to ignition live which feeds the power to rest of the systems on the bike.
If the switch has some muck or corrosion on the contacts this could cause a number of issues low voltage and the such like.
This would be my best guess without a wiring diagram and other info.
Thanks I’m going’s to follow those wires and do some more voltage checks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine doesn’t look like that or doesn’t have that cover hi replaced the two bigger ones in the rubber boots View attachment 138708 View attachment 138708 picture below
Right behind the battery is a small electrical box probably the main computer for everything. The two smaller ones I do believe are the ignition coil relays cause as soon as I I unplugged one the bike died

1 - 7 of 7 Posts