Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have a group of er-6f/650 owners here in India. off late we are noticing radiator fan failures as a common issue. the fan would go bust and warrant a replacement.

is there any such issue noted by anyone else outside india?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fan Issue

we have a group of er-6f/650 owners here in India. off late we are noticing radiator fan failures as a common issue. the fan would go bust and warrant a replacement.

Luckily I'm not having the same issue as you mentioned, I'm having a different fan related issue. I'm no mechanic but I'm convinced that my 2011 ER6N run's hotter than most bikes. I can use my bike for short durations and the fans would still come on. It's probably about 6 miles to place of work and 5 of them are dual carriageway so the bike gets plenty of fresh flowing air but by the time I've got to work and I'm pulling up my fans start to come on. They come on a fair bit when I'm pulled up at traffic lights and filtering slow moving traffic. If I'm out riding with my dad on his z750 or any of my mates I never see their fans on. Although my fan is actually spinning I'm wondering if anybody in India is having a similar issue with their fans?

·
Registered
351 Posts
ive had 3 er6n's in thailand and no fan issues over 40000km but the fan runs most of the time due to the heat. they always run at traffic lights so i turn the motor off to avoid scorching my legs!
i will keep an eye out tho as theres no warranty on a kawasaki once its second hand, even if its only 3 months old!

·
Registered
324 Posts

It must be the hot humid weather... hence you might be seeing the fan failures. Or maybe the thermostat isn't working properly and burdening the overall cooling system... better get it checked by the mechanics over there in India.

Luckily I'm not having the same issue as you mentioned, I'm having a different fan related issue. I'm no mechanic but I'm convinced that my 2011 ER6N run's hotter than most bikes. I can use my bike for short durations and the fans would still come on. It's probably about 6 miles to place of work and 5 of them are dual carriageway so the bike gets plenty of fresh flowing air but by the time I've got to work and I'm pulling up my fans start to come on. They come on a fair bit when I'm pulled up at traffic lights and filtering slow moving traffic. If I'm out riding with my dad on his z750 or any of my mates I never see their fans on. Although my fan is actually spinning I'm wondering if anybody in India is having a similar issue with their fans?
All bikes are made differently, hence can't compare to one's fan starting and others don't at all. My 2011 Kawi 650R's fan starts within the first mile, especially in this summer weather. It's start-stop frequency is more while riding in traffic stop-start-stop... :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
It must be the hot humid weather... hence you might be seeing the fan failures. Or maybe the thermostat isn't working properly and burdening the overall cooling system... better get it checked by the mechanics over there in India.

All bikes are made differently, hence can't compare to one's fan starting and others don't at all. My 2011 Kawi 650R's fan starts within the first mile, especially in this summer weather. It's start-stop frequency is more while riding in traffic stop-start-stop... :D
Thanks buddy

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in Thailand and my 2012 ER6n fan was working perfectly (hot here, you notice it) then just suddenly stopped working one day. Almost cooked it, the dealer took it off me for a few days and checked the engine and cleaned her up, changed the fan without question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts