Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It looks like they finally released an integrated tail light for this generation of the 650. I'm thinking about selling my R&G tail tidy and getting this instead.

Does anybody have it yet? If so, how/where did you mount your plate?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have this - it's a motodynamic tail light.

I mounted my plate on a local manufacturered tail tidy, but I also chose to keep my stock indicators. This tail light will work with any tail tidy designed for the 2012+ 650, it replaces the stock tail ligh only and does not rely on the hardware of a tail tidy.

You can use it with or without the factory indicators. (If using the factory indicators, motodynamic recommended I disconnect the resistors that come with the tail light sub-harness, easy enough to do).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the dark smoke integrated taillight and a r and g tail tidy. I got rid of the ugly rear fender and the stick signals. This work great and looks awesome. This was an easy job that make a huge difference in how the bike looks!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the light smoke version with a yoshi fender eliminator. as mentioned previously, there is no need to get rid of your tail tidy
hmm yeah i guess thats true.. i never thought of using it simply for the license plate. i figured i could find a way to tuck it or mount it almost flat, like you see on alot of sport bikes. gonna see how it goes for now. might order the smoke when it comes back in.

·
Registered
172 Posts
hmm yeah i guess thats true.. i never thought of using it simply for the license plate. i figured i could find a way to tuck it or mount it almost flat, like you see on alot of sport bikes. gonna see how it goes for now. might order the smoke when it comes back in.
Man that's what I did. Didn't you see the pic I previously posted?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man that's what I did. Didn't you see the pic I previously posted?
yeah i did see it.. i would probably want to find a way of doing it without bending the plate though. like maybe more flat against the bottom of the fender, but in a place where it is somewhat visible for legal purposes.

something kind of like this:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts