·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ANy one make a aftermarket rear caliper upgrade for 2012 zx6r
checking brembo they only have for zx-10r
and i didnt see nissin making one either

dont really like that tochico on the rear

Also i just checked and compared 2012 zx6r to 2012 zx10r and compared rear caliper assembly
they share the same part no. 43080.

:mad:

·
Pursebully
37,566 Posts
Not sure why you'd want to throw the money at it other than for bling factor. The majority of your braking performance comes from the front brakes. The rear already has more braking power than you have traction.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
43,562 Posts
Not sure why you'd want to throw the money at it other than for bling factor. The majority of your braking performance comes from the front brakes. The rear already has more braking power than you have traction.

:iamwithstupid:

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
The only real "upgrades" for rear brakes for sportbikes is making them lighter and smaller, because the don't really get used in a performance application.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Also i just checked and compared 2012 zx6r to 2012 zx10r and compared rear caliper assembly
they share the same part no. 43080.

Are you still having that much of an issue with the front brakes that you are now relying on the rear? Not a good plan. Let a buddy confirm that the fronts feel correct.

·
Registered
28 Posts
any of the aftermarket "upgrades" to the rear such as the underslung setups are going to leave you with a less powerful caliper versus what you currently have. this includes the hp rear caliper from brembo.

with the stock setup on the rear, its already easy enough to lock the back end up any way. thats not what you want. i always allow a bit of air into my rear system so im able to romp on the rear pedal if need be without having to worry about it locking up.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
any of the aftermarket "upgrades" to the rear such as the underslung setups are going to leave you with a less powerful caliper versus what you currently have. this includes the hp rear caliper from brembo.

with the stock setup on the rear, its already easy enough to lock the back end up any way. thats not what you want. i always allow a bit of air into my rear system so im able to romp on the rear pedal if need be without having to worry about it locking up.
at least i'm not the only one who does this :D

·
Registered
10,037 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I wonder why those idiots at Kawasaki put rear brakes on these bikes?
Surely they read motorcycle forums.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

Also i just checked and compared 2012 zx6r to 2012 zx10r and compared rear caliper assembly they share the same part no. 43080.

Actually, the part numbers are different, and the calipers look like different designs as well:
2012 ZX-6R: 43080-0014-DJ (http://www.cyclepartsnation.com/oemparts/a/kaw/500b9742f8700223e479a79a/rear-brake)
2012 ZX-10R: 43080-0097-DJ (http://www.cyclepartsnation.com/oemparts/a/kaw/500b8ef6f8700223e479a0d3/rear-brake)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I'm going to try this. I'm not familiar with how to let air in. Lol. How do you suggest this??
Why would you want to compromise consistent feel and performance!? Why not learn to use the rear brake properly instead!?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I always adjust the back brake pedal so the back braking starts with the pedal down lower than normal.

Since I started with 8 years of dirt bike riding, my first instinct during an emergency stop on pavement is to use too much back brake and lock the back wheel. Then I remember to use a lot more front braking compared to dirt.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts