Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I bought a 650 abs and nothing I do will allow the seat to secure under the tank at the front.

It locks in under the rear pillion, but I can lift the front right off the bike.

I'm sure there's a bracket of some kind missing, but I'm hoping anyone with a 12-16 can helpe out. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
With my '06 I need to slide the seat it in a very specific way in order for it to lock first at the front and then almost simultaneously in the rear latch. Sometimes I need two or three attempts to get it to work even after all these years. If you are sure that something is wrong with it fix it to avoid nasty surprises when riding though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With my '06 I need to slide the seat it in a very specific way in order for it to lock first at the front and then almost simultaneously in the rear latch. Sometimes I need two or three attempts to get it to work even after all these years. If you are sure that something is wrong with it fix it to avoid nasty surprises when riding though.
Thanks for the response.

Here's some pics and a gif of what I'm looking at.

Comes right off

My service manual doest show clearly weather I'm missing a latch or something, and my 636 seat screws on, so I'm feeling kinda lost.

Thanks again

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the response.

Here's some pics and a gif of what I'm looking at.

View attachment 137650

Comes right off

View attachment 137649

My service manual doest show clearly weather I'm missing a latch or something, and my 636 seat screws on, so I'm feeling kinda lost.

Thanks again
You are missing a round bracket. See those two holes there? There is a little rod that gets bolted in. I'll send a pic of mine tomorrow. Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are missing a round bracket. See those two holes there? There is a little rod that gets bolted in. I'll send a pic of mine tomorrow. Cheers
Thanks so much. I figures since there are what looks like rubber grommet wear marks. If you could send that whenever you have the chance, I can try and source the part number in my manual. Thanks again.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts