Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It's hard to believe a decade has gone by since the first 636cc Kawasaki ZX-6R first came to our shores. The beefed up middleweight shook up the category with its displacement advantage over its rivals, and with the 600cc ZX-6RR variant being sold alongside, both racers and street riders were happy. But in 2007, after four years of success, Team Green stuck with tradition and axed the 636 from its lineup to continue with a 599cc version.

However, with many manufacturers focusing on literbike updates lately, the middleweight category has remained relatively stagnant, save for a freshened up Suzuki GSX-R600 in 2011, and, of course, MV Agusta's beautiful F3. Known for shaking up the status quo, Kawasaki is looking to jolt some life back into the class with the 2013 ZX-6R. The magic number behind the new ZX: 636.

More: 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Review on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
419 Posts
2013 zx6r steering dampener

i read it too. would like to see more video.

one ? i have is about the steering dampener. do you need to buy aftermarket ?
why it doesn't come standard as 09-12 model ?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Rumors abound that Yamaha is going to a crossplane triple in thier R6 and R1 bikes in 2014... looks like everyone is starting to compete again.
Looks like people are starting to diverge from the traditional inline four idea. I've also heard rumors of Honda going back to the v4 design. So we have kawi bringing back the 636, rumors that Yamaha is switching to triples, and rumors that Honda is going to v4 designs. Wonder what Suzuki is gonna do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
464 Posts
I heard the same about another V4 superbike from Honda... the next couple years could get pretty interesting. I personally have never been a huge fan of very peaky inline 4's anyway, so to me this is all pretty exciting!

·
Registered
41 Posts
i went to a dealer and he was trying to get me to trade in my 08 zx6r for the new one, and i must say if i had the money it would of been a done deal. that bike is not only beautiful in person but it is insane how light/comfortable it feels when you sit on it. if im able i will own this in the next year.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
just purchased a lime green 2012 zx-6r, the price was so right, although i wanted to new 2013 i just couldnt turn down the 12.
upgrades to date. MJS headers, MJS Link Pipe, Hotbodies Growler exhaust, Solo seat cowl,
Puig Z-racing screen, BMC air filter.

·
Hooligan
1,704 Posts
Looks like people are starting to diverge from the traditional inline four idea. I've also heard rumors of Honda going back to the v4 design. So we have kawi bringing back the 636, rumors that Yamaha is switching to triples, and rumors that Honda is going to v4 designs. Wonder what Suzuki is gonna do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Motorcycle.com Free App
stay gay obviously

·
Registered
8 Posts
i just traded in my 2013 ninja 650 abs Saturday for the 2013 ninja 636. Its so FREAKIN' AWESOME! I cant believe the time and money I spent on the 650 to just turn around and get instant everything at my finger tips with this stock bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
just purchased a lime green 2012 zx-6r, the price was so right, although i wanted to new 2013 i just couldnt turn down the 12.
upgrades to date. MJS headers, MJS Link Pipe, Hotbodies Growler exhaust, Solo seat cowl,
Puig Z-racing screen, BMC air filter.
Wow great deal!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts