Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 455 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
I agree I'm a very impatient person! And this new 636 is killing me.
I could see a comeback of the 500 with a new body style , but a 300 ? no way , the insignificantly more powerful bike would probably only be made for countries that have strong regulations on engine size like Indonesia , were the price of a bike doubles passed a certain CC , so if the limit of CC on that country is 300 , you can bet your pants that they will make a bike to meet those numbers .

Other than that it won't make any sense ,

edit: on a side note , Kawazaki is known to re use old bodies for smaller bikes , like the last 250 had the head light and looks of the 650 , and the 2013 650 looks more like a 1000 on the front , so it wouldn't surprise me , but the only thing this would signal is that Kawa is ready to release a new revamp of the Zx-6R

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This article was from SSB
I just wanted to share it with you all.
I'm not sure if it is a rumor or not, I'm not even sure I would want it!?!?

It is a 2012 version in the picture, it's just for references.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
This article was from SSB
I just wanted to share it with you all.
I'm not sure if it is a rumor or not, I'm not even sure I would want it!?!?

It is a 2012 version in the picture, it's just for references.

I call BS on the 300; it has already been released out of the country.

As for the 636, I don't know. People are claiming they saw 636 badges on it.

-Will

·
Registered
60 Posts
300cc; no reason to release it in the US, it'll take it out of the 250cc class.
But I'm not sure of the 636, I saw a couple pictures online but guess we just have to wait.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Are you saying the 600s have to have their power restricted almost 75% ???
What makes you think that? And where does the 75% figure come from?

The restrictions are for intermediate licence classes. Anyone with a full licence will ride (if they want to) the current 600s.

There is an issue though, in that for the 47 bhp licence class a bike can only be restricted to 47 bhp if it's full power output is less than 95 bhp. As restricting 600cc bikes is a popular (though somewhat stupid) way of meeting the existing restriction rules manufacturers might start limiting new 600s to 95 bhp to retain sales in that market. As many restricted 600s are bought as second owner bikes 600s with more than 95 bhp might find their resale value impacted. We'll just have to wait three or four years to see what happens.

Remember also that the Japanese market limits most sales to under 400cc bikes. The new EU rules will create a big European market for bikes that can also be sold in the Japanese home market. Manufacturers are in business to make money, not motorcycles, so they'll make whatever they think will make most money.

Venom - the current 250 has about 28 bhp. That's not a co-incidence - it fits neatly under the current EU 33 bhp rules. There's no reason why a 300 or 350 can't have around 45 bhp to meet the new rules. That isn't an insignficant increase. It adds about 10 mph to top speed, shaves a couple of seconds off 0-60 time, and makes highway cruising at 80 mph + easy.

Rob

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Rumor has it the ZX7R is coming back to production.

Yes, I just invented that rumor. :evil6:

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Don't be dumb, a new ZX7R would eat into the sales of the new ZX8R.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
It's all just speculation at this point, this bike may never be produced!

21 - 40 of 455 Posts