Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

441 - 455 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
For some reason I don't like the colors at all for the 2013 models.

I do feel cheated for buying the ninja 250r last month... Oh well.:(

Lol you aren't the only one that feels cheated ... I bought a '12 a couple months back and never knew the '13 was coming with all the bells and whistles I want on my 250... 4,450 for the 250 and 4,799 for the 300 ... I spent $400 just on the slip on for my 250 ... fml ...

·
Registered
518 Posts
People need to chill. The 08 era ninja is still awesome. Bells and whistles don't make a great motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
People need to chill. The 08 era ninja is still awesome. Bells and whistles don't make a great motorcycle.
20% more displacement does.

·
Registered
28,050 Posts
There's no replacement for displacement? Bullshit.

What you're saying is for instance a CBR1000RR is a better bike than an R6 or ZX-6R just because it's bigger. If we're going to go with displacement then the Boss Hoss must be the ultimate motorcycle, right?
I'm going to disagree with you here. I'd say at this level with how similar the 2 are that extra 20% means a lot. Even if the 300 had carbs I'd pick it over the 250 just for that little extra oomph.

But seriously, the Boss Hoss is the greatest motorcycle ever made. Fucking noob.

·
Registered
650 Posts

What you're saying is for instance a CBR1000RR is a better bike than an R6 or ZX-6R just because it's bigger. If we're going to go with displacement then the Boss Hoss must be the ultimate motorcycle, right?
In this instance it does. A 2012 250R is easily surpassed by a 2013 300. I don't understand how you keep arguing otherwise.

Is it worth the $1K over sticker that dealers are going to get for it in the early going? Not for me it isn't. I won't be buying it at all. But for others it may be, and if they want to pay that much, so be it. The price will come down once it isn't the brand new hot toy.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts

Actually it's the Triumph Rocket 3 at 2,300 cc as the biggest mainstream bike.

Rob

·
Registered
293 Posts
It won't be long until this forum should have actual comparisons from people who have ridden both the 250r and the 300r. Heck, you might even be able to do that at the dealers who have demos in another week or so. I too think the difference will be dramatic. My experience is with a 250cc vs. a 300cc Vespa. Noticeably more oomph with the bigger engine even if top speed is only a couple mph with the bigger engine.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
I was mentioning the derailing (I commented earlier but my tablet was being a piece of crap) as the topic segwayed from racing the 300's to different 250cc classes, local tracks, to people wanting to buy used 250's for track riding, etc. If 636's can't race in a 600cc class I would assume 300's wouldn't be able to race in a 250cc class.

And if the 599cc ZX6r's are going to drop in value when the new 636's start rolling out that's good for people wanting cheaper ZX6r's for track riding. But how does that relate to the 636's at all? Same premise here with the 300r's. Sure it'll cheapen 250r's and you'll see a surge of people buying them. It doesn't directly have anything to do with the 300's though.

LOL Or if they required you to keep the awful IRC tires that are going to come stock on the 300r's :evil6: . That is one of the best modifications you can do to a current gen 250r is throw those shit tires away and get decent tires.

Ah, but they can. Supersport is generally I4s to around 650cc in most club racing orgs. You can club race 636s against 600s, you cannot do the same in the AMA or WSS, etc.
Actually it's the Triumph Rocket 3 at 2,300 cc as the biggest mainstream bike.

Rob
So 6.2 and 4.8L V8s are smaller than a 2.3L I3? I'll try to remember that.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
So 6.2 and 4.8L V8s are smaller than a 2.3L I3? I'll try to remember that.
I said mainstream.

IMO sticking a big engine into a frame doesn't count. If it does, don't forget the guy who was sued by Rolls Royce for badging his bike as a Roller after building it around a 27L Merlin engine.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I can say I have seen three or four Boss Hoss motorcycle things in person, and the only Rocket III I have seen was in a dealership.

441 - 455 of 455 Posts