Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

2013 Ninja 300r Coming?

97K views 454 replies 74 participants last post by  RacinJason44 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forum

It looks like there might be a new ninja.

What do you think?

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
It looks like a photo of the upcoming revision of the 250r. This could be an article for a release in a country where they either dont sell the 400 or the 250. I dont think they sell a 400cc in the US.
Can't say I agree with that at all. They don't look anything alike. The bike in that little article looks more like a current gen 250R photoshopped with a current gen ZX-6R

For reference here's the new 250R;

#15 ·
Lets wait and see, but the new EU licensing rules should encourage a crop of new bikes of this size. The 400 isn't marketed in the EU as it's better to buy a 650 and fit the restriction kit - even more so with the new 47 bhp limit and the removal of the 33 bhp limited class.

250s are not particularly popular as learners are limited to 125 cc and they usually want something a bit more than a 250 after passing their test - usually a 500 - 650 which has to be restricted to 33 bhp under the current rules. Again, the new rules will keep them on a 125 for two years after the test, which will make 250s even less popular.

There should therefore be a big market for light sports bikes with just under 47 bhp. This sounds about ideal for a bike of around 300 - 400 cc, so an overbored 250 would probably be a better seller than the 250 in the European market. The Ninja 400 isn't sold here, and it's too big and heavy for the power that it has if it want to be a sports bike. The 500 is now out of production, and was marketed as a commuter. There's a gap in both the market and in Kawasaki's range for a light sportsbike. A 300 - 350 cc version of the 250 would fill that gap, and there's a long history of 250s and 350s sharing the same frame and cycle parts.

Rob

#26 ·
This article was from SSB
I just wanted to share it with you all.
I'm not sure if it is a rumor or not, I'm not even sure I would want it!?!?

It is a 2012 version in the picture, it's just for references.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.