Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
I hate to revive an old thread, but has anybody figured out if the 13+ fairings would mount the 09-12 models? I've been wanting to try it out but I can't seem to find any info on it.
its possible but you will need some hardware, the fairing stay, rear battery tray etc..

·
Registered
250 Posts
Will the following parts from a 13+ fit a 09-12 model.

Stock exhaust (13+ OEM exhaust on a 09-12)
Rotors (13+ rotors with ABS on 09-12 wheels)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The older 05-12 rear wheels will fit, but the traction control ring must be modified where it mounts to the wheel at the axle. You can also use older rotors, but I just flipped them around as the new rear rotors are not recessed where the rotor bolts are on earlier models. This allows for a flush fit of the traction control ring...just watch your clearance to the rear caliper.

If you have older (03-04) aftermarket shock, it will fit as long as you change the lower linkage over as well. The geometry is the same, just the mounting at the lower shock is wider on the 13' compared to the 03-04. The other 2 mounting points are identical. This saved me a bunch of cash.

09-12 seat, subframe pieces, battery, and exhaust servo valve are identical. The battery tray is different on the 13, but if you prefer the 2012 tail (at least on a race bike) then you have to use the 09-12 battery tray.

I used the 09-12 lower tank fairings on the race bike so I didn't mess up the nice painted ones that are larger from the 13. You will just need to remove the dbl sided velco from the frame sides.

Tank is the same too

Do I need to get 2013+ rotor bolts to do the rotor flip and add the rear tone wheel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I'm researching a replacement OEM swap for my 05 ZX6R and read that '09-12 rear shock are a "direct" swap ( almost ).

If the '13-15 shocks are interchangeable with the '09-12 .. does that mean should also fit on '05 with the '13-15 dogbone ?

Can anyone confirm this ? Or atleast that it's a direct swap with '09-12 ?

61 - 70 of 70 Posts