Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not ride the bike for few months as it rains everyday here. Today I ride the bike and noticed front break is very weak. Breaking power does not kick in until lever travels halfway!! Pretty scary.

I am guessing, Low break fluid, Bubble in break line or does the moisture in breakfluid can cause this?
Is this why people wrap something on break fluid container?
What could cause such symptoms?

I know for sure that pads are new. Any thoughts !!
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is an Update :

I bleeded the fresh break fluid. the old one look pretty turbid compared to new clear break fluid. The break worked great for a week. Two weeks later the break is again Spongy. (Spongy in sense, the lever goes more than half way before the breaking power comes in)

Looks like I may have leak somewhere in the system.
Or it is time to replace the seals. I have not done this before.

Lets see.

Any comment would be appreciated. I shall update this post again, It may help someone out there.

Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you have checked your brake lines and are using new pads, and after bleeding the system properly with fresh DOT 4, then if you are still having issues with a "spongy" feeling, then your radial master may be going or already gone! The oem masters are not known to be the greatest especially on a 6 year old bike, for this reason, many riders upgrade to a performance race grade brake master cylinder like the the 19x PRS from Accossato Italy, they will give you More Power, Greater Feel, and Confidence, you can check them out here: www.motodracing.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts