Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I apologize for such a bizzar subject line as I do not know how to describe my symptoms.
I have 2013 zx6r that now has roughly 14,500 mile on it. My daily ride. the only mod I have on bike is "two brother's Exhaust".

I recently changed all new Spark plugs in it.

since my last oil change, I can feel that the bike does not run or sound like it should after fresh oil change. Also, I have a lot popping sound from the Exhaust. " if like fire works in between" like " pot- Fot "

could it be miss fire?
Not sure. please help me trouble shoot the issue. Otherwise, bike runs with no problem.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Plug gap sounds about right. If that is good to go then it would be time to move on to the next problem on the list.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It did not do before spark plugs change.
Bought brand new plugs from dealer.

Any recommendations for new plugs?

Thanks for the reply guys.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go to your local part store and get one of those little coin looking things to measure your spark plug gaps with and just adjust them.

electrode gap = 0.7 - 0.8 mm (0.028 - 0.031 inch)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would mark this thread as solved for now. I have it checked at a local mechanic shop, it turns out, cam chain is making weird noise. He said, keep riding the tensioner would adjust itself and sound would go away. The exhaust does not make weird sound anymore, may only in Full power mode, sometimes.

Hope that helps someone.

I am little afraid to put manual cam chain tensioner. unless someone encourage me here. LOL.
Thanks for all reply everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts