1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
378 Posts
The new Z/28 is no joke. Hoping they'll review it on Top Gear, just to see how stupid they have to drive it to make it look like a crappy handling car.

"It's an American car, it can't go around corners. See what happens in follow through at WOT and turning the steering wheel to full lock? When will Americans build a car that can go around corners?"

·
Registered
286 Posts
From a Motor Trend article comparing the 2016 Camaro SS and the 2016 Ford Mustang GT Performance Package:

“They’re close enough that preferences of ergonomics, visibility, and engine noise could easily put one ahead of the other,” Loh said. “But when it comes to at-the-limit performance, the Camaro simply out-handles the Mustang. As it says on their badges, the SS is a super sports car, and the Mustang excels as a grand touring car.”

PRICE AS TESTED: Chevy $38,600 (est) .......... Ford $47,350

1st Place: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Superior performance at the strip and in the corners makes this the muscle car we want.
---------------------------------------------------
2nd Place: 2016 Ford Mustang GT Performance package
The one we’d pick in a heartbeat to drive across the U.S.A.

-
2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS vs. 2016 Ford Mustang GT Head 2 Head Comparison

I also watched a Car Matchmaker TV show, and the guy test drove the big block Camaro convertible, the big block Mustang convertible, and the Hemi Challenger R/T hardtop (all the same recent year around 2014). He chose the Challenger because of its huge power and its engine sound, maybe also because it cost less than the other 2. I would also look at the Consumer Reports reliability ratings in their April magazine every year, and of course my own test drives.
-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts