Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
43 Posts
That's the overfill tube, you're likely putting way too much fuel in the tank, only fill it up to the bottom of the filler neck and make sure it doesn't splash out around it. Also if you live in a climate where temperature varies a lot day by day, or leave the bike out on the sun (from what i can see you have a black model) the tank can get very hot and the fuel inside can expand causing it to overflow or the vapour condenses and flows down the tube. This is especially a problem for California models. If none of these seem like your issue I would investigate further at where exactly the drip starts from by lifting the fuel tank and looking under.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the overfill tube, you're likely putting way too much fuel in the tank, only fill it up to the bottom of the filler neck and make sure it doesn't splash out around it. Also if you live in a climate where temperature varies a lot day by day, or leave the bike out on the sun (from what i can see you have a black model) the tank can get very hot and the fuel inside can expand causing it to overflow or the vapour condenses and flows down the tube. This is especially a problem for California models. If none of these seem like your issue I would investigate further at where exactly the drip starts from by lifting the fuel tank and looking under.
It keeps dripping when the tank is half full or even quarter full. It also keeps dripping when the bike is parked in a cool garage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts