Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm looking at getting a generic Amazon exhaust for my 2019 Ninja 650 and wanted to check if an ECU flash is required?
A lot of other bikes require an ECU flash because the full exhaust results in increased air flow which can cause the bike to run dangerously lean. Does this apply to the Ninja 650?
thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. I found this thread which states it's not necessary (but helpful):

And this great Youtube channel which, in the comments, states it's not necessary (but helpful) too:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put a full Hindle Megaphone exhaust on my bike. Runs fine but you'll notice it's twitchy off the line and you still have a flat spot or two in the rev range. I mean when you just give enough throttle to engage 1st gear I was stalling the bike out a lot, causing me to give more throttle on take off.

I went for the ECU flash and put the block plate in the PAIRS system and disconnected the O2 sensor and it's night and day different. No flat spots, no hesitations, just smooth anywhere in the rev range. My flash cost $239. I mailed it out and got it back same week. But don't do a flash without the PAIRS block and removal of the O2 sensor unless you specify to the company that you still want to run it that way. The company I used will tune it to your specs and show on their website the systems they have tunes for. The PAIRS and O2 sensor they have kits for online that aren't very much.

The Hindle system I bought was about $550 and is as good as Akropovik in quality. They also have three different slip-ons to choose from at the same price. My bike sounds like a Harley.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts