Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my 2018 zx6r has been stalling since I got it Oct. 2018. It only happens in the first 10 minutes of riding. Engine is warm all maintince is up uptodate all fluids are good. It stalls when I pull the clutch and coast so she splitting lanes or coasting to an off ramp. Ive taken it to be inspected and they cant recreate the issue. They cant locate any problems. There are no recalls. Now I work 10 minutes from home and see this almost every day. Its Extreamly frustrating and I'm at my wits and it is a safety concern. HELP!!!!!

After reading more here. A couple other points to note.
Adjusting idole does not help. Less of a stall morw of engine rpms drop and engine rurns off. Easy start while still in motion. Blipping the Throtle seems to help prevent the engine from dieing if quick enough to catch before rpms get to low. All gears are affcted. 1st is the only one it has not happened in.

·
Registered
201 Posts
TBH, the first thing I'd do is just stop coasting the bike. Especially during those first 10 minutes. If the shop can't find any problems mechanically, it might well be that it's just operator error.
Modern engines with fuel injection do a very good job of cutting down on wasted fuel when you get off the throttle, so you're probably not saving much, if any, fuel by coasting the bike.

If after not coasting the bike, the problem returns, then there might be something mechanically wrong or the problem is the way in which you're rolling off the throttle. If you've got prior riding experience, then you'll likely know whether or not that's the problem. However, if you're new to riding, you might want to let off the throttle slower and more smoothly until you've mastered it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts