Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed the Coolant Temp bars will reach to 5 when stopped at a light. Is this normal for the bike to run that hot? I checked the coolant level and looks fine.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Hi and welcome :)

Stopping cuts the airflow to the radiator and the engine itself so naturally the temp will increase and maybe the radiator fan will kick in.

Did the cooling fan activate in your case? And how many temp bars your meter has in total - temp indicators differ from bike to bike.

Anyway, if your coolant is fresh and plenty enough as you wrote, and the temp warning light stays off, you should be fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jim,
I will check tonight and see if I can tell if the fan is running? I have a total of 6 bars. I have not seen the temp warning light turn on. The bike has only 350 miles, so the coolant is good.
Thank you for help and advice.
Corey

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Hi Jim,
I will check tonight and see if I can tell if the fan is running? I have a total of 6 bars. I have not seen the temp warning light turn on. The bike has only 350 miles, so the coolant is good.
Thank you for help and advice.
Corey
Not Jim but do let me know about the fan :D

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, what is the best way to verify the fan is running?
You can barely hear it over the engine noise and definitely feel some hot air moving between your legs.

It also makes a "click" noise when starting and stopping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts