Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 650
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to change my rear sprocket from the stock 46T to 49T and when I put the new sprocket on and pulled it back I could see about half of the hole in the rim when lined up with the hole in the swingarm and this is with the stock 114 length chain.
So my question is since I'm going to buy a new chain for this sprocket and keep the stock sprocket and chain as a set do I buy a 115 or 116 link chain......I'm thinking I need a 116 myself.....What does everybody think.

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
187 Posts
I am going to change my rear sprocket from the stock 46T to 49T and when I put the new sprocket on and pulled it back I could see about half of the hole in the rim when lined up with the hole in the swingarm and this is with the stock 114 length chain.
So my question is since I'm going to buy a new chain for this sprocket and keep the stock sprocket and chain as a set do I buy a 115 or 116 link chain......I'm thinking I need a 116 myself.....What does everybody think.
If unsure always get a fair bit longer than what you need, removing links is far easier than adding them back, that said for 3 teeth up you'd probably need a 116 at the very least. (y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts