Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The bike is just threw a “62” today. I had the battery disconnected for a bit and noticed the code when I was done.

The bike seems to run normal. No noticeable weird noises or even power differences. It seems just fine.

Is there a way to clear the light and see if it returns? I’m thinking it’s a false positive? Or maybe a bad sensor or something?

EDIT: After reading some forum posts, I’m wondering if the subthrottle actuator is stuck in a weird position. Turning the key to “on”, I hear nothing, but turning the key to “off” and I think I’m hearing the actuator try to move. I haven’t tried to observe this motion, but I’m going to see if I can at least test the connector.

·
Registered
188 Posts
While still under warranty, no? Regardless running fine, shouldn't the dealer be advised and allowed to diagnose and clear the code? On a brand new bike with such an issue, I'd prefer dealer involvement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m planning on visiting them tomorrow (they’re closed Sunday and Monday), and since it is under warranty, I’m hesitant to remove anything on the bike.

·
Registered
188 Posts
agreed while warranty in effect its your dealers' baby. Ok, so why did you disconnect battery?

Beyond that....I'm an anti-tamper, "if it ain't broke' kinda guy.
LITFA (Leave It The F Alone)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking under the seat to just see where to fit some paperwork (like insurance) and noticed that both the negative terminal and the brackets for holding the battery we’re loose. I had to remove the connection to the battery to tighten the bracket arm first. I don’t recall if the bike was “on” of “off” (I thought it was off to be honest) but that was all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts