Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is always a beginning.

Picking my baby up (that is not me, it was the previous owner).

And there she is ready to go home, her new home!

She was comfy and safe all the way

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
158 Posts
Oh no, you made a boo boo. Those Power 5s lasted like 4k miles on mine 😂 😂 😂
Instead, either go for a pair of Road 5s next time or if you want better feedback from the front, you can still go with the Power 5s for the front but a Road 5 for the rear (it's okay to mix them, same profile, same compound on the edges, different siping therefore a bit less rigid) I've had a set of road 5s first (around 14k mile life), then went for a set of power 5s, the rear lasted 4k before it was trash, the fronts however held up well, I then got a road 5 only for the rear and I have to say, the road 5 is equally good in the dry but much better in the wet, whilst at the same time the power 5 fronts provide much better feedback on the front than the Road 5s (road 5 fronts have an awful lot of siping and separate thread chunks so they are very mushy under braking) but at the same time still decent in the wet. Imo this mix works really well and if anyone tells you "never to mix tyres" these are fine to mix. They are identical to the road 5s with the only difference being in the rear on the road 5 has a harder middle patch, but the sides are the same compound, and of course siping, but that's all, fronts are identical in compound too.

Bike is coming along nicely though, very clean

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh no, you made a boo boo. Those Power 5s lasted like 4k miles on mine 😂 😂 😂
Instead, either go for a pair of Road 5s next time or if you want better feedback from the front, you can still go with the Power 5s for the front but a Road 5 for the rear (it's okay to mix them, same profile, same compound on the edges, different siping therefore a bit less rigid) I've had a set of road 5s first (around 14k mile life), then went for a set of power 5s, the rear lasted 4k before it was trash, the fronts however held up well, I then got a road 5 only for the rear and I have to say, the road 5 is equally good in the dry but much better in the wet, whilst at the same time the power 5 fronts provide much better feedback on the front than the Road 5s (road 5 fronts have an awful lot of siping and separate thread chunks so they are very mushy under braking) but at the same time still decent in the wet. Imo this mix works really well and if anyone tells you "never to mix tyres" these are fine to mix. They are identical to the road 5s with the only difference being in the rear on the road 5 has a harder middle patch, but the sides are the same compound, and of course siping, but that's all, fronts are identical in compound too.

Bike is coming along nicely though, very clean
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for the future. This bike is a weekend toy or any afternoon when the weather is nice. No commuting, track or drive under the rain for me. Interestingly enough when I was looking for tires the Road 5s were at the top of the list, reviews were good in terms of performance and durability, but I finally decided to go with the Power 5s. Oh well, if they don't last long, I'll have an excuse with the boss (wife) to order a new set. 😉

Meanwhile and over the weekend I was able to install the USB port, cell phone and GoPro mounts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts