Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Very nice Renck (y)
Thanks!

Wish I did this a few years back LOL my radiator looks atrocious but it still works so at this point I can't be asked investing in it. If it starts leaking or showing any signs of overheating I'll probably see to get a replacement.
Protection and actually looks cool. So, indeed something one can add while having the fairings off - I installed a battery tender, so that was my excuse...... ;o)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
@Wabbit1961 man, what a lovely bike! How many miles so far on the bike? Mine is a weekend toy, but during the week I manage to take her for a spin when the weather is nice.

Thanks for sharing those pics!

·
Registered
33 Posts
About 9,500 miles so far. I usually put about 15,000 miles a year on a bike.

I traded in my 2011 Ninja 1000 on this bike. Sooooooo much nicer. You actually use this power and a slow bike is always more fun to ride fast. Soooooo much more flickable.

I had a first gen 2006 that was actually a better stock bike than the new one because it wasn't bogged down with emissions.

Thinking about getting the front forks done by RaceTech. Not to expensive really but I'll take it to my mechanic for the swap if I do it.

I highly recommend the ECU flash even if you keep yours stock. There are noticeable flat spots in the power band. The place I mentioned will flash even a stock configuration and they had it back to me in 5 days. Gas mileage won't suffer at all with a good tune. I average 50mpg with my Hindle system as I described previously.

Look up Windover Way in Titusville Florida. I live in that subdivision and on Sundays people come from miles around to ride it. Some cruise it on Harleys, some rip it with their crotch rockets. The whole neighborhood is biker friendly and some even pull over to let you in front of them.

Needless to say, the best part of work is the ride to and from...lol.

I like that you put the decals on the side fairings of yours. I almost went white but it had just a fleck of green on it that really didn't look good by itself, IMO.

You already have the TST turn signals. Did you look into the tail options? I'm sure you have the turn signal relay so it's just an add-on at this point for you. You can buy LED rear turn signals to go with it if you want more visibility. It's a nice unit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
@Wabbit1961 Before I forget, I received a notification via Tapatalk, but I don't see it here at the thread, I mean your post in which you were recommending me the tune, etc. etc. Can you see it at your end?

Yeah, white was the only color available and at the right price. I added a decals for the fairing and wheels to have a bit more pop. Very happy with the results.

On the TST, yeah the previous owner already installed the tail tidy tail and odd enough he had the relay, but he didn't installed. So, he gave it to me when I purchased the bike. So, everything works fine now.

I'm in Georgia, I'll need to Google that place and I'll might surprise you in the future. LOL

Good stuff man, keep me posted if you pull the trigger on the forks. Not really sure I'll do more for the bike to be honest. Probably I'll just keep saving and I'll add another toy in the near future. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I see our posts fine. Don't know anything about TapaTalk.

The white as I recall was a nice metallic like a Ducati white pearl finish. Shimmers in the sun. The black was just a plain gloss finish.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I see our posts fine. Don't know anything about TapaTalk.
Well, then I guess is an issue at my end. Not sure I'll be doing a tune soon. This bike has a 5 year warranty, so I'll play on the safe side for a while.

The white as I recall was a nice metallic like a Ducati white pearl finish. Shimmers in the sun. The black was just a plain gloss finish.
You are correct on the metallic white. Some of the panels are plain black, but few others are also metallic black. So, when you see it in a sunny day looks just gorgeous.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Of all the mods on the bike I highly recommend the Fumoto oil drain valve. Makes oil changes super easy. Like I said before, no need to loosen it take fairing panels off. No drain plug to catch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Of all the mods on the bike I highly recommend the Fumoto oil drain valve. Makes oil changes super easy. Like I said before, no need to loosen it take fairing panels off. No drain plug to catch.
Let me have a look at it. Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here's the link... This is for the Ninja 650 and probably works in multiple models like a Versys, the Z650, any of the 650 twins. Probably way back to 2006, but it's definitely for a 2020 Ninja 650.

I posted a pic but it's a crappy one at best. Next time you change oil just put the Fumoto on instead. Adjust the angle of the pour any way you like, tighten it down, and forget about it. I angled mine straight down. No more stripping drain bolts!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Aside from the fact that you bought the fugly white which is invisible to cagers, let me give you a few suggestions.
How there you! Well, it seems you don't like white. But, me.......

Who put a voltmeter on the bike? It's selectable in the dash display...lol.
Who? Me!!!! 😉

It was part of the USB charger, so......

Kudos on the TFT Industries. I didn't mess with my front turn signals. I bought their rear integrated tail and turn signals. You also I'm sure bought the flasher relay to adjust blink rates? The integrated tail and turn signal allowed me to mount my Hepco/Becker side bags - (C-Bow system... Look it up. They have a few bag styles to choose from). That is, if you want cool storage and still be able to pick up a passenger. Hepco-Becker also makes a plate that replaces the rear seat to mount a tail bag of you want to go that route. But NEVER buy the factory rear tail trunk kit. The arms are too long and you can feel the frame flex even with little or no weight in the Givi tail box. I took that off to put on the H/B side bags and all the mounting bolts were already loosening after just a few months.
Yes, flasher relay installed to not only use the correct blink rates for the LED front turn signals, but also for the rear ones. Weekend toy, so I'm not considering side bags for this bike. But, thanks for sharing that info with me.

Next, I use Pirelli Angel GT for my tread choice. Warm up fast, great dry or wet and last about 8-10,000 miles depending on your riding style.
I used Michelin's tires for my cars, so I pulled the trigger on the Pilot Power 5.

I see your oil change and I laugh. I don't remove ANY bodywork. First, buy HiFlo Race oil filters. They use a 17mm nut just like K&N But cost about $8 on Amazon. A 17mm box wrench fits nicely and no fairings taken off... On the drain plug side I would show you this...
F109SX: New Generation Fumoto Valve with 12mm-1.5 Thread Size... Find it on Amazon for like $32, replace your drain plug with this and never wrench it again. You can also angle the pour in any direction. I chose straight down. Simply remove the plastic stay, push the lever in and down, and walk away.

Thanks! That is something that I can see the value / benefit to install it at my bike.

As for exhaust I went with a full Hindle megaphone exhaust system. Build quality right there with Akropovic at about $550! Nose suppressor optional. It's as loud and deep as a Harley (they ALL turn and look) and my brother thought I had a crossplane engine...lol. It comes with a sleeve adaptor for the O2 sensor or a plug. I use the plug because...
Yeah, I'm not touching the exhaust anytime soon. I'm saving my pennies for another project.

I sent my ECU to 2WheelDynoWorks for a flash tune. All I can say is Holy Crap. So smooth. $239 for the tune. About $8 shipping USPS Priority 2 Day. I had it back inside the week! Go to their website and it shows what systems they have maps for. They only show up to 2019 but it's the same box. Same tune. Of course, when reinstalling the ECU I bought the PAIRS block off plate and removed the O2 sensor. With the kits they have end caps. Do not use those ever! That sends the wrong system current to the ECU and it'll run like crap.
Cool. Bike has still 4 years of warranty left. So, I'm not in a rush to flash the ECU.

Hope that helps a bit.
Thank you!

I'll post some pics tomorrow.
(y)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts