Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I purchased a 2020 Ninja 650 abs, recently it was dropped (rolled off kickstand on slight hill). I am not sure if that’s what caused the leak or if it has been leaking since I got it about 400 miles ago. I want to replace the o-ring on the water pump housing as it appears the leak is coming from there. Does the o-ring need a silicone sealant or some type of grease or does it go in dry?

B6ACF6B5-75B5-4C7C-B104-DBF167B9F4AA.jpeg

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
42 Posts
I don't know if it's just the pictures but it looks like the housing chipped in which case it can get pretty expensive, as for the seals/rings, apply high temp grease

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I believe the housing has a paint chip but not sure if that is causing the leak? It leaks out of both "weep" holes the top one and bottom one. I will try and replace under warranty, if not I will replace my self for about 150$.

Another question, I already ordered the fairing/side cowl, handle bar weight, clutch leaver, foot peg basically anything that got the slightest scratch. Hoping it arrives soon but should I bring it in "as is" so I don't void my warranty. Or should I repair then bring in?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought there was only one weep hole, at the bottom of the water pump?
I am not sure, the one in the first picture is a perfect square and does look like was there on purpose, it may also be a place to pry open apart the housing from the cover?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2019 and that hole isn't there on mine.
I stand corrected, I cleaned my bike up and I have that same hole on mine. That one is dry, the one on the bottom always has a slight greasy residue to it. Not sure if its oil or packing grease making its way out. In ur case I would have warranty fix it as it appears to be the mechanical seal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts