Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

2021 Ninja 650 clock keeps resetting

8K views 49 replies 14 participants last post by  leosolis89 
#1 ·
Anyone else experience this or have a solution? Bike runs normal. Clock just keeps resetting randomly.

#44 ·
Shorai has a very good reputation in the US. TBH, I don´t know if there is much difference between brands, quality-wise. Guess that most if not all batteries have internal cells that come from the same factory or, at the very least, the same country. If you are in the UK, just find a suitable one with good reviews.

#48 ·
Did anyone found a fix? I have had the same problem since new, i have a z650 2021, bought it on august 2021. Clock will reset and Bluetooth would turn off sometimes after washing the bike, others out of nowhere and now even sometimes the gear won’t show on the dash but bike runs normal.

#49 ·
In my case(2020 ninja clock resetting/increasing hard starts) the problem was with the stock battery. While the battery had normal voltage, there was insufficient or inconsistent amperage. I replaced the battery with another battery and the issue never returned. My issue first occurred at about 500km. The problem became worse and by 13000km I was getting non starting issues, just clicking noises. Then I would get a good clean start without any pause or delay. It was likely a bad cell or cells in the battery. I've had the new battery now for probably 3,000km and never had any problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.