Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im aprroaching 20k on my bike, just wondering what all service i need to do, ive always changed the oil & filter every 3k and kept all fluids top off, any help will be aprreciated

·
Registered
205 Posts
Fork oil changed, lube wheel bearings, axles, shock linkages, pretty much lube any moving part, check fork seals, check chain and sprockets, check/adjust valves, new air filter, new plugs, change coolant, change brake fluid.... Thats all off the top of my head...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Thats a pretty comprehensive list.

Only things I would add is to sync the tb's after you check/adjust the valve clearances and you might want to look at rebuilding the brake master and caliper slave cylinders.

And you need to lubricate EVERYTHING! Brake, clutch leavers, brake and gear change pedal pivot points, steering head bearings, wheel bearings, unitrak bearings, swingarm bearing, throttle/choke cables, etc...

Basically when you do a full service, it is a great opportunity to take your time, and thoroughly go through the entire bike head to tail looking for anything abnormal that could ruin your day when you are out on the road. Everything from light bulbs, safety switches, brake light switches, any aftermarket wiring that you've installed over the years.

Sometimes random things happen to bikes. Maybe some a vacuum hose is rubbing on something? Or your brake line is getting pinched when you turn the wheel? Or the power wire for your power commander is coming loose? If you catch it in the garage, it is usually a cheap and easy fix verses running into the problem on the road.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive pretty much greased all the wheel bearings and axels, lubed all cables, clean & lube chain every 500 miles and change oil and filter every 3k with rotella 5w40 synthetic, only thing i haven't replaced is the plugs and im going to be doing that next and serviceing the air filter & changing the v stacks around to get some more power out the her, i do have a -1 on the front and i heard that could change the mileage some

1 - 4 of 4 Posts