Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I chaned my oil this weekend and the dealership recomended 20w 50 kawachem oil. i used it but when i changed the filter i didnt put oil in the filter and it knocked for a lil bit till the oil got to the top of he engine im sure it was fine but today when i was riding it seemes kinda slower is it possible that the thicker oil effects performance i dunno it may be pchycolligical any ideas help thanks.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
The higher viscosity of the oil—the lesser the engine compression. You will lose some performance by going with a 'thicker' oil such as 20w-50, but you will increase engine protection. Unfortunately, like most things, there is a tradeoff.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I can't beleive that the DEALERSHIP recommened 20w50 for a brand new bike. I would get that shit out of there asap. You should be running 10w40 or at the most 15w50.
20w50 is acceptable to use here in florida in the summers but not in a brand new bike.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IT has 3700 miles on it but it is noticiably slower i weigh 120 ilbs and couldnt pin it in 1st without having the front come up now i pin it no prolem the front gets a little lofy but i am draining that shit i def feel a diff. i think i am going to go spectro semi synth 10w 40

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.