Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So funny story.... Today I made a stop at 7/11 and was doing too much at one time after I stopped and didn't realize that my quickstand wasn't down and laid my bike down to the left. I was so depressed and aggravated that I tried picking it up and ended up laying it to the right directly after:whip:. Well after it all now I notice there is a leak coming from under one of the caps above the kickstand. After popping out the cap I notice that there is a tube under it. What is this tube for and y is it leaking now

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
What is the fluid, oil, fuel, antifreeze? It's probably a vent tube from the fuel tank or something. I'll have to look at a diagram when I get home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure exactly what it is but to me it looks like it could be oil. When I have it on the rear stand and it's upright it doesn't leak but the moment I have it leaning on the kickstand there is a slow leak coming from that tube. I will post pictures later to show where the tube is and the leak

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
557 Posts
That is the airbox drain hole. It's purpose is to allow oil and condensation to drain out of the airbox. During normal operation, heated engine oil can cause a oily steam to be produced. These gases are vented into the airbox, so they can be burned off in combustion (much like what the PVC valve does for a car). It is most likely, that when your bike fell over too much crankcase oil traveled via the hose on top of the engine, attached to the airbox

1 - 7 of 7 Posts