1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just have a question about the zxr.
Some background:
I have a 250 ninja 93 that i fixed up for 400 bucks. I have upgraded it with new springs and shocks, it had a yosh when i got it. But feel after this riding season i'll be out riding the bike. I have no fear of leaning over, in fact my foot keeps getting pulled off the peg sometimes, got smaller pegs i hope helps. But with the sloppy forks i don't trust the front end staying in contact with the ground. This fear came true when in a turn last riding season the front lofted (hit a bump) and sent me in a front skid. I recovered but hit the ditch at 5 mph snaping my rearset and light.
I'm not a racer but i can ride and know my limits.
Now what's the problem:
2002 Zx6r and the zx6r 03 is what i'm looking to upgraded to. Now the dealer i go to; has a leftover 02 for 5,300 or so. Now i know he deals with mostly atv, aritc cat and motorcross. All of his sportbikes are slashed 1500 to a grad and i could possible talk him down to 5000 or maybe 4500 if it sits there til march or apirl after that rev it up deal. Now my type of riding is road speed and once in awhile i'll get stoked on a road i know, but would like to take a trip to NC From PA to see a old freind. What two would be best?

Meat

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was in your same position about a week ago. But now I'm currently selling my 250 and guess what I ended up with?..............................the '03. What made my decision was the amount they changed the bike from 02 to 03. Better styling, Fuel injection, awesome brakes up front, etc,etc. I could've gone with the 02 but I decided to spend the extra money and get a '03. Also, if ur in PA where Im at, I got 0 money down,0 monthly payments and 0 down payment till 2004 so that gives me 10 months to work off the bike. I love my silver machine and wouldn't trade it for any other bike out there so I'm damn happy I went with the '03!

--- '03 zx6r

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by silver_6r

p.s.--- I'm located around Pittsburgh and am always looking for new ppl to ride with, even if you keep the 250!

--- '03 zx6r
Silver,
OK, i'm from kittanning, just up the road from ya. Been looking for people to ride with. Are you in a riding group?? Is there any riding clubs around? I would like to get a club together and maybe go up to the pocanos for tack day or something.

Deadmeat

·
Registered
207 Posts
hey, i'm not in a riding club but definitely want to start one especially now that spring is around the corner. My email's [email protected] give me a shout and maybe we can start one since I have no idea of any sportbike clubs around this area.

--- '03 zx6r

·
Registered
207 Posts
me too. Actually, the forecast is looking sweet. Starting Wednesday, there's four days in a row over 40 so I'll finally be able to start the dreaded break-in for my baby!!![8D]

--- '03 zx6r

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.