Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like somebody turbo'ed their 250:

Ninja 250 Turbo - Cool Motorcycles - Visordown

This Ninja 250 features a Garrett GT12 turbo hidden inside that fairing. The stock bike makes around 25bhp at the rear wheel and this turbo version made an easy 40bhp on the first run. With a few mods and changes to the throttle bodies and fuel injection system, power was increased to 58bhp.
I bet the turbo noise along with a 250 puttering sounds badass :p

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
That sounds like a fun project , the HP puts it right next to a 650 , and if a 650 can keep up with a bike night group I am sure this thing can too, I wonder how much it ran.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
That thing's probably a blast to ride. 58 hp at the wheel and the nimbleness of a 250 sounds like a lot of fun.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably cost a pretty penny to manufacture and fabricate though. I'm thinking at least more than a used 650 (if not new)...but someone with a shop might do it cheaper ;)

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Crankshafts bearing or conrod failure first? Taking bets now. Lol

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
custom carillo H beam rods FTW!

·
Registered
147 Posts
It will be very interesting to see how long it lasts. I wonder if they changed the compression ratio at all.. Would be worth doing if you know what your doing and could do it with out destroying the longevity of the motor!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I really can't see this being more cost effective than picking up a used 650 or 600....

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
I really can't see this being more cost effective than picking up a used 650 or 600....
It depends where you live.

In some countries like Indonesia bikes over 250 CC are charged heavy luxury tax as can cost many thousands more than in the states.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
cool, but he's still limited to what like 100-105mph unless he changes the gearing ration lol. Seems like a LOT of work, but I'm sure it accelerates pretty quick!

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
cool, but he's still limited to what like 100-105mph unless he changes the gearing ration lol. Seems like a LOT of work, but I'm sure it accelerates pretty quick!
I am pretty sure that with enough work and a turbo a 250 could probably reach 120 mph, although with its current suspension brakes and tires it would probably not be too steady or safe.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I am pretty sure that with enough work and a turbo a 250 could probably reach 120 mph, although with its current suspension brakes and tires it would probably not be too steady or safe.
yes, this...but;
the gearing, no matter how much hp, will be the limiting factor of the top speed. So not only is he adding a full turbo system and supporting mods, but to go faster than 100-105mph, he would ALSO have to do some pretty serious transmission/gearing work, which will cost more money. At that point, you could probably purchase a zx-6.

Not saying it isn't a cool project, I'm sure it's fun as hell to drive and flick around the corners.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts