Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive tried all day long, and cant seem to get it up, Ive even tried bouncin it up, Out of curiousity, Does it have enough power..?:D

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha thats awesome, Ive tried all day, Even in first gear, lolz, and I only got my tire like, an inch off the ground...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
revv up to about 11,000 rpm (bike makes peak at 10.5 i think) and give it a bounce as you dump the clutch.
you won't hurt that motor.

i used to use the left side passenger peg. seems like the 250 puts more of your weight up front than most bikes.i've seen a lot of people stand on the passenger seat.

swap your fork oil for 15 wt and over fill it. the stock suspension is as squishy as it can be without giving headshake in normal commuting. if you don't dial the forks in, when you bounce, after you think you've fully compressed the springs, push a little harder.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tips, but today, I clutched it up pretty well, first gear though, revved up to about 11,000 and dumped it, got up pretty good, but now I've got to find the balance point, lol. Got it up a couple of times in 2nd gear, but It seems to be a whole lot easier in first gear, any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Gear that biotch!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
hahaha nice man thats pretty amazing getting that thing up in 2nd i dunno if my bro has done it but i think he is getting some practice on my 636 because im at college and my bike is at home. And trust me i stress out enough in college and knowing my bro who is 16 riding my bike just makes it a lot worse.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha I bet, I've tried to get it up in 2nd gear, All it does is take off, Tire doesnt get off the ground but maybe an inch..But I'll play around with it in 2nd gear tomorrow, and I'll let ya know if I can get it :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
2nd gear, left foot passenger peg rev it up and dump the clutch.

if it bogs when you dump the clutch then try going a little faster and if it just accelerates and revs out try going slower.

and if that doesnt work put both feet on the passenger pegs, that thing should wheelie if you work for it!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would NEVER let anyone under 20 on my 636.... 16 just seems like suicide on one of these bikes.

Remember how we all drove CARS when we were 16??? Imagine that when you have the power to get to 100mph on nearly any road... Scary!!!

Im not preaching... But damn, just... yea

Back on topic, im convinced anything with 2 wheels and an engine can be wheelied!!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Originally posted by ZxAlucard6r
I would NEVER let anyone under 20 on my 636.... 16 just seems like suicide on one of these bikes.

Remember how we all drove CARS when we were 16??? Imagine that when you have the power to get to 100mph on nearly any road... Scary!!!

Im not preaching... But damn, just... yea

Back on topic, im convinced anything with 2 wheels and an engine can be wheelied!!!!
yea tell me about it im 4 hours away from my bike and my bro calls me or ims me everyday to let me know how he beat on my bike and he is 16. He was tellin me the other day how he raced a gixxer 6 and won i was glad he beat a gixxer on it but wasnt happy at all that he raced my bike.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lolz, dude, your going to go home, and see alot of new scratches on your bike, that werent there when you left.. :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
If i end up going away to college this is my plan..

Remove EVERYTHING from my room.

Insert bike in corner farthest from the door.

Pile EVERYTHING back in front of it, after installing disc lock and removing front wheel.

Now bring insert all keys into a safety deposit box, bring the wheel to college... Then ill feel safe.

Reason for the safety deposit box is if i lose that key while im at college i can still get my keys to the bike and lock back.

No, im not joking. :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.