Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i decided the ninja 250r is the way to go for m first bike. the only thing im still not sure of is if i will have any issues at highway speeds. im not planning on using it for my commute daily, but i do want to use is once or twice a week. will i have any problems, being a bigger guy(around 250), getting above 80mph?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm 6'2" and 225lbs. I had mine doing 85 on the freeway trying to follow my friend to his house in his car... tried to tell him not to speed simply because I don't care for speeding... but anyway, the bike is capable, just the engine is screaming at that speed.

·
Registered
467 Posts
BOOOOO! what happened to the engine noise?

·
Registered
467 Posts
by the way. i think that was by far one of the most boring roads ever, unless for some reason you cut out the twisties. where do you live? is everything that straight?

·
Registered
721 Posts
I had mine pushing 108 when I was 220 pounds. You may want to beef up the rear suspension and get a bigger rear tire.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Word

by the way. i think that was by far one of the most boring roads ever, unless for some reason you cut out the twisties. where do you live? is everything that straight?

I cut out the engine noise, or rather put the music over it, because the wind was ridiculously loud. The mic on the cam isn't that sensitive to pick up the revs. This was taken in back-country East Texas, not many twisties out here in these parts. Only good for speeding, because there's not much traffic out here. I'm from the Bay Area and will be back there in 1 month, which is why I'm trying sell this thing

·
Registered
155 Posts
500 or 650. NOT a 600. 500/650's are very friendly bikes for beginners/ occasional riders, and you won't outgrow it in 2 months like a 250. You might not want to ever go more than 100 mph, but you don't want to be afraid to merge into busy highway traffic either. You're a good sized guy, don't buy a mini-bike.

·
Registered
467 Posts
500 or 650. NOT a 600. 500/650's are very friendly bikes for beginners/ occasional riders, and you won't outgrow it in 2 months like a 250. You might not want to ever go more than 100 mph, but you don't want to be afraid to merge into busy highway traffic either. You're a good sized guy, don't buy a mini-bike.
+1 also, the bike will look and feel like a toy to you. if you're smart and easy on the throttle, i'll be one of the few to recommend you purchase a 600. i learned on 07 zx6r and im 130-140 lbs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts