Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Im new to the forum so nice 2 meet u all :]
im thinking of getting myself a new 250r im checking some unclear issues.

first of all i noticed allmost everybody here is from Malesiya or the US so i hope u could answer my anyway.

I live in Israel and the offical kawasaki dealer claims that the bike has 32HP (With Fi of course) and for what i know from the dyno stats i saw on this site the US bike has 25HP it is realy 7hp more cuz of the FI ?? or 7 horses are running on the way from the engine to the wheel :p (dyno masures the hp from the wheel)

Second thing, our local bike newsletter published a roadtest in the 250r and said that with a lil twick in the engine computer its posible to get around 42HP out of it without doing anything else to the bike. anyone else heard about it ?

Anyway thnx for all the DIY and pics u published. its realy is a great community! helped me a lot to decide what im gonna do with mine when il get one :]

Thnx agian

Tom

·
Registered
315 Posts
The 7 hp difference is because those dynos you see are rwhp.

Haven't heard of the FI model "computer trick" myself. Seems like quite a bit of increase tough for just and ecu mod.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
It's actually a bit backwards to that. The FI models are producing less horsepower (as of now) than the carb'd models. That and Kawasaki hasn't really really released hp numbers for the bikes, so Artood is rather correct with the 'official' dyno numbers. Any dyno numbers you hear of are by independent chassis dynos (rear wheel dynos). If there was a late-model 250r producing 42 hp at the REAR wheel without a 10 shot of n02 people would be retrofitting EFI on these bikes as a first mod. Now if a decked out 250r was producing 42 hp at the crank that's more understandable.

·
Registered
237 Posts
There may be more hp to be had in the FI models.
32 hp is the limit for a M1 license, I think.
Someone from the Europe would know, anybody?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In israel Bike Licence goes like this
A2 - till 125cc with 14.6HP
A1 - 33 HP
A - No limit

and b.t.w the guy they recommanded to to this "twick" is the former c.e.o of "Metro" the offical dealer of yamaha kawasaki and sym in israel. now he's twicking t-max's, zx's and r1's for a living so i guess he know's what he's talking about..

·
Registered
315 Posts
In israel Bike Licence goes like this
A2 - till 125cc with 14.6HP
A1 - 33 HP
A - No limit

and b.t.w the guy they recommanded to to this "twick" is the former c.e.o of "Metro" the offical dealer of yamaha kawasaki and sym in israel. now he's twicking t-max's, zx's and r1's for a living so i guess he know's what he's talking about..
Not saying he doesn't know what he is talking about, but no one on this forum has heard of it. I have read somewhere that the FI bikes were "restricted" because of the hp limits, but I haven't heard of anyone cracking the ecu to that extent. If there is power to be had, it must be somewhere in the mid-range or some serious fuel mappings because I believe Kawi stated that they don't believe the oil pump will hold up past 13,000 rpms.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I don't know if carburator bike is stronger or not..and I don't care cuz that's all I've gotten...but I do know that carburator bike...(read my sig).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
LOL :p

well.. u just might be right

but the dealer price for a FI Ninja250R 08 in israel is 44956 NIS = 12487 USD so stop bitching about the 4000$ msrp of the new 09 ! im gonna get ass raped by a kawasaki dealer :[
i payed for my scooter (SYM Joyride 125cc) more than u paid for a ninja :[ everything is way more expensive here.

·
Registered
315 Posts
12k?????? Holy.......

That's Duc 848 money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
848 cost here around 37500 USD
and its a small country so dealers must sell high to servive cuz they dont sell as much cars&bikes as big countrys
Tax on bikes&cars is 110%

:'(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
minimum salery is about 950-1200$
a good salery is about 3000-4000$..

and that's when the nis-usd rate is very low ! (3.6nis=1usd)
a few years ago it was about 4.3nis=1usd

:[ life sucks
im moving to the us !
can someone take me as a house geust for a few years ? :p
i can cook and clean LOL..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts