Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a link to this website on www.2fiddy.com for lots of cool carbon fiber parts for 2008 ninja 250r... i took the liberty of translating it for you guys since i am currently studying japanese... anyways here is the link to the seat:
http://www.a-tech.org/shop/ ..... from there just click on 2008 ninja 250r and it will bring up a parts list. the parts from top to bottom, left to right are as follows:

レース用アッパーカウル: race style upper cowl
レース用ダクト付きアッパーカウル: race style duct attached to upper cowl
ストリート用アッパーカウルSPL: street style upper cowl SPL
アッパーカウルインナー: upper cowl insides
アンダーカウルインナートレー: under cowl inner tray
ビルトインシングルシートカウルセット: built in single seat cowl set
レース用シングルシートカウルセット: race style single seat cowl set
レース用シングルシートカウル: race style single seat cowl
レース用シートカウルインナー: race style single seat cowl underwear
タンクパット タイプS: tank part type S
タンクパット タイプR: tank part type R
フェンダーレスキット: fenderless kit
フロントフェンダーSTD: front fender STD
フロントフェンダーSPL: front fender SPL
リアフェンダー(フルカバード): rear fender (full-cover)
ジェネレーターカバー: generator cover
クラッチカバー: clutch cover
リアブレーキタンクガード: rear brake tank guard
ドライブチェーンガード: drive chain guard
ラジエーターコアガード: radiator core guard

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
専用カウリングモデルミラーセット

there is also this part but i'm kinda unsure how to translate it... it's "personal use (something) mirror model set....

the roumaji for the mystery word is "kauringu" maybe the ringu on the end means "ring" but i'm not sure what the kau would mean then... oh well any guesses guys?

·
Registered
237 Posts
rear fender (full-cover) is what im talking about.. Maybe we can get a group buy on some of these parts.... Im sure its possible to ship what we all want to the US..If we do a group buy it will cut down cost.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
you guys do realize the price on that built in single seat cowl set right? its around $410-ish custom japanese parts are pretty expensive... japanese are willing to pay a lot more for custom parts than most americans i think...

EDIT: OOPS! i was looking at the wrong one... yeh that rear fender (full-cover) is about $150

·
Registered
10 Posts
専用カウリングモデルミラーセット

there is also this part but i'm kinda unsure how to translate it... it's "personal use (something) mirror model set....

the roumaji for the mystery word is "kauringu" maybe the ringu on the end means "ring" but i'm not sure what the kau would mean then... oh well any guesses guys?

It looks like a carbon fiber mirror to me.

·
Registered
448 Posts
専用カウリングモデルミラーセット

I would think that "Kauringu" is "Cowling" in English; thus it would be "personal use cowling mirror."

·
Registered
647 Posts
didnt know a translation was needed for pictures? thought you could guessed by the pic, oh well. repost also seen it like 3 tinmes, but def cool stuff. never understand either why people keep posting these if we cant really get these pieces.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've been speaking with the head of this company and a import export agent of mine for the past week trying to get many of these parts into the US. THEY ARE NOT CHEAP. And it has been an ongoing struggle.
On that note: Theres a few other manufacturing companys with whom I've been trying to develop a balance between cost and quality with. This is an ongoing and uphill battle I think I'm going to be fighting for bit.
So far the lowest cost I've been able to work out for the rear tire fender alone is $210.00 This is a mass manufactered/mass importation price per piece of the rear tire hugger in plain black plastic alone. Little prices and fees continue to pop up.

Don't be concerned with the mirrors. If you want custom mirrors on your bike there are more than enough better options avail already here in the US. Or Just do what I'm currently doin to my Girl friends Little Ninja....Embed Leds in the stock mirrors.

There are many other parts to be interested in that A-Tech curently offers like the Rear Break Cylinder cover or their fender eliminator kit which is years ahead of anything offered currently in the U.S. They also have Two different Sets of race bodies for the little Ninja That arent shown on that site which were designed to fine tune the aerodynamics of this bike.They completly change the appearence of the bikes bodywork though.

An by the way...if you really want to view the site in english just use yahoos bablefish translator. google's will not work very well.....the above pictures and descriptions were not translated but copied using their translator. You can tell by the font used. I use a different translator. He works for the company. and He's not as good as either : )

I'll post whenever I get breaking news. RHRS.

·
Registered
28 Posts
.........never understand either why people keep posting these if we cant really get these pieces.
Is there a reason I don't understand ( I am from Australia) that stops whomever from buying them from A-tech ??

I've been speaking with the head of this company and a import export agent of mine for the past week trying to get many of these parts into the US. THEY ARE NOT CHEAP. And it has been an ongoing struggle.........
What seems to be the hassle ??

I am asking these questions to try and get an understanding. I am about to email them about their cowl. The above two posts make it sound like some sort of legality gets in the way, to get them into the US.

·
Registered
28 Posts
@Buffalony

I guess you would be educated better on what all the parts exactly are. Is there a provision for a brake light in the black pictured race style single seat cowl set, like the green built in single seat cowl set has.

I don't care about the blinkers for now. I have plans for doing something about that, just more concerned about the brake.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.