Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a lap timer and completed my first Mid-Ohio track day. My gsxr750 and RSVR friends are pulling times in the 150's but the best I could pull off was a 2:14. Even with the lower hp, that seems to be a huge difference. What kind of lap times are you guys pulling?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
You lose a LOT of time on the straights, I'm not familiar with that track but if the turns are wide and people are taking them faster than your topspeed, you'll lose a LOT there as well. Compare yourself to other 250s, other displacements don't matter.

·
Registered
775 Posts
At trackdays at my track the mid pack Intermediate run 1:30-135's. The fastest I have done is a low 1:28.

Track record is 1:12. Fastest I have ran is 1:20.

But it's a small technical track.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've done int. and adv. days at Mid-O. Intermediate best time in was the 1.43 range. Advanced best time was 1.38 range. Last couple times I've been there I've averaged 1.40.00

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Given what I know of Mid Ohio (I hope to ride it next year)....its not flat...and has a few places to let your bike stretch its legs. Such things punish a 250 aginast bigger bikes....having been a guy that competed in lightweight class I can relate a little....road america had 2 hills that you were lucky to hold speed on...let alone accelerate.

Look at it this way....over two and a half miles you were only 20 seconds off....your average speed was just 7 mph down from some guy on a bike three times the size of yours. You should pat yourself on the back. GSXR's have better brakes and suspension, more tire AND more HP. You did well with what you have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts