Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding to work last night. I took off from a light and went to shift from 1st to 2nd. Instead I went to neutral I thought. Looked at indicator it said 2nd. Shifted up again it was in 3rd now. So upon further riding the 2nd gear is no longer there. Every other gear works fine. It's like my bike now had 2 neutrals. 2013 zx14. ABS. Any help would be appreciated as I cannot find one thing about this anywhere.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Hi and welcome, Kawis have a "Positive neutral finder" in their transmission, it keeps it from shifting into second unless the bike is moving.

I guess it is either a minor electronic fault in that system or a damaged transmission fork in the gearbox which is both highly unlikely and costly to repair.

Is it impossible to engage second gear under any circumstances?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not been able to get it in 3rd gear at all. No It while stopped. Not downshifting or upshifting. It says it's in 2nd gear but acts like it's in neutral.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I mistyped it is 2nx gear that won't work. I can't find anywhere that tells me how to look for trouble codes on it. There is a post but for older bikes. Also don't know which buttons they are talking about when saying up down. I even emailed shop about problem haven't heard back. Can't believe this has never happened to anyone before.

·
Registered
94 Posts
A lot of bikes have issues with second gear, uasully its due to the locking mechanisim wearing out or being damaged and normally presents a "popping out of 2nd" issue. Sounds to me like your second gear bushing/locking item needs replacment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts