Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
that's it? what could possibly cause a bike go rich without doing anything to the carbs? maybe i got my air filter dirtier? maybe i kinked an air suction hose?

btw, how fast am i suppose to be going in 2nd at 11k?

Originally posted by bs121583

synch your carbs

·
Registered
206 Posts
just wondering, how fast should the bike be going around 11k in 2nd gear, for some reason, i remember going like 90 or something :)

now it's around 70mph...also, if any of you read in my previous post, i pulled apart my bike, now when i put it back together, it seems to be running rich. But i didn't change a damn thing on the bike, basically just got to the valves, measured the clearance and shims and put it back together. When idling, if i rev it, the tach hangs a little bit then drops. That's the sign of it being rich right? anyways, how can this happen when i didn't do any modifications? also, it idles like crap now too...just standing still, it would sit at around 1.5k for like 5 seconds, drop to like 900 for a second then back upto 1.5k for another 5 seconds.

bleh!!! is all i got to say

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah check for leaks at the vacuum lines.. and about the 2nd gear thing... i dont think 90 sounds right i think 70 is where mine reads

·
Registered
206 Posts
what does this symptom mean?

when i go for a nice 10minute ride, then park it, then restart it. the bike jumps to 3k rpm for like 2 seconds, then drops down between 1.5k and 1k, which as of right now, normal warmed up idle

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would due the things that have been listed and see if that clears up your problem then you will know what was wrong...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.