Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just like the title says. Taking a 89 ninja 250 rolling chassis, a yz250 motor, and some 06 gsxr fairings and making a budget bike that'll be torquey, light, and one of.
Currently the chassis is stripped of the unwanted stuff, motor should be in by Friday. Got the fairings for $85 and they're complete oem ones.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Awesome! I got to build and ride a VTR250 with a two smoke LT250R motor and CBR race fairings. It was a kick ass little bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Official n00b
17,453 Posts
That sounds badass. I'm very interested to see how this build progresses and the final product. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, long overdo update. Got some work done on the bike finally..I'm using my highschools shop so my time is pretty limited and narrow.I got the rear mount all lined up and tacked in place. I'm going to make the top mount this weekend hopefully at home, currently there's just zip ties instead of the top mount holding the engine up. Threw the expansion chamber on there for sh*ts and giggles, and it actually fit a lot better than j though it would. Anyways here's some pics
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick update, had some time last night and made then tacked in my top mount. Picture is before I cleaned it up but I did it all with a cut off wheel .

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
That thing is gonna be fun as hell to ride man.

I love 2strokes! Hell, I'm tempted to do the same thing now LMAO!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Looks good. That would be a fun project. Keep the registration current and cops around here would never know it wasn't supposed to be a two stroke. I may do this one winter.

sent from my fone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts