Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For at least 30 minutes my young neighbor ran his bike before take off this Sunday at 7:45am. While its not a real loud sound its loud enough to become pretty annoying at 7:15 Sunday morning. After about 20 minutes I went out and asked him to shut it down. (I didn't yell but lets face it I could have been more pleasant.) He told me he has to run it this long as it is carborated. I said no, not this long before it warms up. I told him I ride and have had bikes and that I never had to warm up for so long. I also said that I thought he was pretty thoughtless about bothering the neighbors in the development considering the hour. He said his Kawasaki absolutely has to warm up that long. His friend was now ready, (no long warm up needed I guess) and I said lets not argue any more please go on your ride. The Kawasaki owner gunned it as he went down the street.

My questions are, are there any reasons his nice newish-looking bike would have to warm up for so long? Doesn't such a long warm up injure the bike? Doesn't gunning it like he did cause damage? Does any one else think its thoughtless to run it for so long and disturb the neighbors?

A White Haired Harley Mama

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like an inconsiderate little asswipe. No bike needs to warm up for more than a couple minutes, and most can just be driven easy the 1st few minutes of a ride. If he does it often, I would have another conversation and try to be reasonable, until I'm not...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts