Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
537 Posts
It depends on miles / condition etc. $3k for J1 is a good deal IMHO. From what I’ve seen it’s even a bit low. That is for a bike with clean title and all parts in good condition. I have J1 myself and it's a great bike. I still have warranty, so that adds to the value.
Not sure what bolts are missing... [?] but that does not sound good. I would take bodywork off, strip it down as much as I can and go over everything. Also change oil and oil filter, good idea on a "new" used bike. Did you get any service papers with the bike?

ZX6R-J1 2000

· Registered
537 Posts
Give Kawa dealer a shot, but most of the time they charge way way too much. Shop labor is not cheap, and then parts... In the end you will still have to get parts from them, but save some $ on labor. Or you could go to e-bay, however that’s likely to take longer, track everything down etc.
You should be able to do it without the dealer, get prints from Kawa website, get service manual, that should do it.
BTW this is better done with 2 people, 2 heads better than one.

P.S. the hell with Kawa spec, I would go with some trick aftermarket parts whenever possible. Most of the time (like 99%) aftermarket will run you less than special order from Kawa.

ZX6R-J1 2000

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.