Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guy's

I just bought a Y2K ZX6R for 3000. the guy that I bought it from gave me some bunk info about some things on it, and over the last couple of day's ive been noticing missing bolts over half the bike. I had to replace my chain and sprockets, which were supposedly new but had broken teeth, and could be used as ninja stars and am just genrally becoming concerned with some other little odds and ins about the bike.

first question I'd like to pose is how does that price sound to you? I havn't owned a bike in about 5 years, so I'm playing catch up.

Second question is what things should I be looking for to go wrong? The guy that I bought it from said he rebuilt the top and bottom end of the bike, then again theres teeth from my old sprocket probally in someones windshild right now. The bikes never been laied over thats pretty obvious, no scratches on the body work, and none on even the pegs or handle bars, just alittle rub on the front faring when he had it off.

Anyways thanks for the help guy's, any one in austin Tx want to go for a ride, drop me a line.

George

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guy's, I've been riding all day and my hands are numb so bear with me.

Ok whats missing on the bike,
rear grab handles,
all 4 turn signals,
the clip inside the main seat that holds it down,
and the baffles inside the can.
I dont think its been jetted because i get some pops when i downshift.
so far thats about all I can find, I went over it last night when I was in the shop where I was getting my new chain/sprocket set, and just started noticing missing bolts, thankfully the guy's there let me dig through their parts bin, and replace the ones that wern't there. only problem is there kinda mixed matched heads now[V]

anywyas, when I said the guy rebuilt the top and bottom end, just that he put new rings in it and rebuilt the carbs, and replaced the clutch. the guy's at AF1 racing confermed that he actually did some of the work in the shop, so I know he did some of it, Other than that the bike's been running like a dream.

Im still trying to find a manual for it, seem's hayes dosn't make one, cause its too new, so Im probally going to have to buy a Kawai one, but no biggie,

one more question about the bike fore I go to work, the line comming off the back of the fuel tank, after running between 70 and 110 for about 4 hrs today, is there any reason fluid should be comming out of that down by the kick stand? once again I bow to your wisdom and knowledge and appreciate your help

George

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The bike already is starting to turn into a black hole, but honestly what toy worth owning isnt [:p] so far the bikes been running great, the dealership that took a look at it for me said mechanically its in great shape, just a few odds and ends that arnt there. compression tests on the engine were like it was new, all the fluids have been changed within the last 2 weeks, and everything is running at or better than stock.
the tuner shop that I've been going to to actually have the work done and get my parts from laughed about some of the stuff on it, more about taking my old sprockets and chucking them at the guy's house that I bought it from. other than that they said the bike was in great shape. Im waiting to get it dynoed untill I get my new exhaust and jet kit, probally have to wait till taxes come back.
As for the drops on the ground, ya thats what I figgured it was, only problem now is my brand new metz back tire has a slow leak in it somehow:( talk about a pain

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.